Monday, April 9, 2012

Bubba Watson Wins Masters

Another great final round at Augusta National, as another first-time major champion is crowned.

Bubba Watson, who came oh-so-close at the 2010 PGA Championship, 33, finally won his first major championship and green jacket, as he defeats Louis Oosthuizen in a playoff yesterday at the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. Watson's win makes it 14 straight majors with a different winner.

After Oosthuizen's amazing double eagle on the front nine earlier in the final round, it seemed like he would be on his way to a second major championship. But Watson, on the second playoff hole, may have hit and even better shot. In the trees on the 10th hole, Watson bent his ball around the tree and onto the green for incredible par save and a win by a stroke over Oohuisthuizen.

"I've never had a dream go this far, so I can't really say it's a dream come true," Watson said. "I don't even know what happened on the back nine. ... Nervous on every shot, every putt. Went into a playoff. I got in these trees and hit a crazy shot that I saw in my head, and somehow I'm here talking to you with a green jacket on."

No comments:

Post a Comment