Saturday, January 12, 2013

NFL Picks: Divisional Playoffs

01/12
Ravens
vs
Broncos
-3:30 PM (CT)
Denver won their last 11 games of their regular season, behind potential MVP Peyton Manning, an outstanding defense, and the emerging running game of Knowshown Moreno. Would love to see Ray Lewis' career continue one more week, but I don't see Joe Flacco outdueling Manning in Denver.
01/12
Packers
vs
49ers
-7:00 PM (CT)
A true toss-up, with Aaron Rodgers against the San Francisco defense a great matchup. I think it comes down to the other side of the ball, though, as I like QB Colin Kaepernick's dual threat capability and RB Frank Gore to run wild on a shaky Green Bay defense.
01/13
Seahawks
vs
Falcons
Seattle is red hot at the moment, and I just don't see a leaky Atlanta defense stopping Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch and company. So, it'll come down to whether or not Julio Jones and Roddy White can get open down the field against the physical corners of Seattle in Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, and whether Matt Ryan can get them the ball. In the end, I don't think they can, and Atlanta gets upset in the postseason again.
01/13
Texans
vs
Patriots
-3:30 PM (CT)
If this game were in Houston, maybe my hometown Texans would have a chance. But after getting humiliated by a Gronkowski-less Patriot team last month, I just don't see it happening. Even if the defense led by J.J. Watt plays better (which it should), I don't see the Texans' offense keeping up with Tom Brady and New England, especially with a shaky QB Matt Schaub, who has played horrifically for a month now. I just have to hope Arian Foster and the ground game can control the clock, and that the defense forces a couple turnovers on Brady, a scenario I would have to see to believe.

Last week: 4-0
Season record: 161-98

No comments:

Post a Comment