Friday, May 27, 2011

Rockets Hire McHale


You have got to be kidding me. I have to be in some kind of awful nightmare.

Oh, wait this is Houston sports, where the Astros, Texans, and Rockets all seemingly enjoy being garbage year in and year out, aspiring to supplant Cleveland as most pathetic sports city in Houston.

Rant over, back to story, where my Houston Rockets hired Kevin McHale to be the next head coach to succeed Rick Adelman. Let me say that again: We fired the 8th-winningest coach in NBA history because we wanted a "young, up and coming coach" and then we go out and hire a 53-year old former player who has never coached a complete NBA season, and failed miserably in Minneosta when he had the one opportunity to coach. Absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if GM Daryl Morey or owner Les Alexander realize this or not, but just because Doug Collins had a successful first year in Philly does not mean all TNT commentators are going to be good coaches. Collins actually had previous coaching experience. So much for young coach too. If you wanted a Tom Thibodeau, why didn't you retain him when he was here under Van Gundy?

If this move ends up working out, and Kevin McHale is holding the Larry O'Brien trophy at Toyota Center in the next few years, I will repost this for all to see and admit I was wrong. But, somehow, I don't think that will be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment